Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: Bejeweled Blitz Tips, Tricks & Strategies

I was to anxious to play and too impatient to stop and read the tips at the beginning. Can anyone tell me how to creat the differnt gems: flame gems etc? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Christine, click on and read the section 'How to play Bejeweled Blitz' (under the first heading 'Bejeweled Blitz Gameplay FAQ') on the FAQ page:
    http://support.popcap.com/facebook/bejeweled-blitz
    (The page can also be accessed by clicking 'Support' link at the top right just above the game)

It has information on other things too that might be useful for you (like Rare Gems and Keystones).

Zombie Temp Worker

I am very new to this game but I am not sure I understand how you save free rare gems...I have received them but do not know how to save...please inform.. This message to Mr Brian Gosselin...thanks in advance for any help you can forward...

Zombie Temp Worker

Why doesn't FB give you all the info you need or should have to play the game..would that not make it more fun? Also why not make it easier for people to find out how to make more "coins" without having to go to all these different sorts of media to find out the information that they want...Also if coins can be purchased why can coins not be traded in for cash..I am not sure how tht all works..could someone inform me of the proper protocals for this procedure..as I am fairly new, the most I have received on the scoring part is a little over 200000...not that great compared to some I have heard of and seen...thanks..any help would be appreciated...I like the game but am ready to pack it in...can't get some of the keystones required... : )

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Foren View Post
    I am very new to this game but I am not sure I understand how you save free rare gems...I have received them but do not know how to save...please inform.. This message to Mr Brian Gosselin...thanks in advance for any help you can forward...
    The free rare gems that you get are placed in your message center. To save them, you just don't click to use them until you want to use them... (but they do expire after a while, a few months I think).

Why doesn't FB give you all the info you need or should have to play the game..would that not make it more fun?
    It does give you the information you need, in the form of tutorials the first time you try something for example. It doesn't give you all the tips and tricks to master the game, but those are the parts you should really learn while playing. Someone else's ideas might not fit to your play style (do you find you play fast for Blazing Speeds or do you try to create absurd amounts of special gems, which boosts or Rare gems do you use, etc). And no, for most people (I suspect), finding things out is part of the fun. People tend to get bored when they know it all (and hence the game changes).

Also why not make it easier for people to find out how to make more "coins" without having to go to all these different sorts of media to find out the information that they want...
    Tips and tricks again. Most of it is in the FAQ if you know where to look (not just the 'How can I get more Bejeweled Blitz Coins?' section), but you're not supposed to know absolutely everything about the game straight away. As above, finding things out is part of the fun.
    Just in case you're still wondering, you can get coins from Mystery Treasures and Thank You Gifts, Daily Spins and shared spins, Coin Gems during play and additional Multipliers (ie beyond x1) at the end of a game, completing certain Keystones, playing Blitz Party games, at the end of Phoenix Prism and Kanga Ruby rare gem games (it likely won't be more than you spent unless you used a free gem), Leaderboard Scores, Inviting/Bringing back the competition, links for free coins from PopCap (not noticed one of those in a long time though), and of course, buying them.

Also if coins can be purchased why can coins not be traded in for cash..
    Because there are a lot of ways to get them for free. I don't buy any, and I had over 1.2 million just before Kanga Ruby went live (I now have about 400k). Trading those free coins back for cash would lose PopCap quite a bit of money...
    Last edited by David Legg; 10-28-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Changed a bit

Jewel Knight

It would be very appreciated if you could back out of the accidental "purchase" of the Phoenix. This is never by choice on my behalf but because iPhone is my favorite place to play Blitz, sometimes there is a lag and when I think I am hitting "play" a Phoenix will show up at the precise time I select play and then I lose that 75,000 coins on a special gem I don't like at all. For some reason this never happens to me with the other gems.

Zombie Temp Worker

Red face Re: Bejeweled Blitz Tips, Tricks & Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Houghtaling View Post
    I was to anxious to play and too impatient to stop and read the tips at the beginning. Can anyone tell me how to creat the differnt gems: flame gems etc? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    star gems can be achieved by using the "moonstone" that is required during easy challenges, when you get a challenge that requires you to get 2 blazing steeds in one game start out using a free blazing steed from your 5 spins in a row, then also use the extra time boost, but when you first use the first blazing speed purposely let it go away so that you have more time to get the second blazing steed. the trick isn't to necesarrily be fast but to be constantly steady, also use the swap button boost at the same time as it presents you with more matches through out the game, use the cats eye to help with challenges requireing flame gems, and for all games your speed, your cubes, and your multipliers can be achieved easier by sweeping and swapping gems side to side to help create "T's" and "L's" that also lead to higher multipliers and cubes. As well, when the score resets on tuesday, achieve lower scores cause quite a few times at the begining of the week is when you get the challenges of "beating your score" so getting lower scores until this challenge pops up will allow you to be able to beat your score. good luck, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyjo Osborne View Post
    the trick isn't to necesarrily be fast but to be constantly steady
    I think it's true that you want to make good move but I also think that you do want to move quickly. When you move quickly, you'll get more Blazing Steeds. The two main goals of the game are to get multipliers and move fast... for sure!

Zombie Temp Worker

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap Stephanie View Post
    Have a Bejeweled Blitz tip that makes your score soar? Share it here in this thread!

The gameplay trick I rely on is to look for matches from the bottom first, that way the gems will cascade, fall into place and I get that extra split second to scan the board and look for my next match.

What is your winning strategy?
    I keep getting XP points, and I have no clue what to do with them. Can they be used for anything? Or are they worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Moehring View Post
    I keep getting XP points, and I have no clue what to do with them. Can they be used for anything? Or are they worthless?
    XP is used to help you gain Ranks.
    You get premium Mystery Treasures each time you gain a Rank which give much more coins than a standard Mystery Treasure.
    Also, you unlock elements of the game (such as Key Stone slots) at some of the early Ranks.
    And, of course, it helps show how much time/effort you have put into playing Bejeweled Blitz.