Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Bejeweled Blitz Tips, Tricks & Strategies

I mentioned this in the other thread, but it's far easier to adopt the elite technique on a touch screen computer as you can use multiple fingers, and although I can do it, I can't keep it up for the entire minute, usually just enough to drop some decent gems and get the score ticking over. It's far more difficult using a mouse (as I do) but most certainly not impossible.

There are plenty of videos knocking around, you tube is probably your best bet.

Just researched this. See this link which has links to youtube videos.
    http://blog.games.com/2011/08/01/bejeweled-blitz-cheats-tips-elite-technique-high-scores/

You are moving three gems at once. I was moving two at once to create separate matches, this moves three at once to create one match. Awesome. I'll have to practice this.

Not looked at the videos as yet, but yes, moving multiple gems at a time creates the "elite technique"... The level I'm at makes it mostly impossible, I tried to post a replay of a score of 114,000 without a single multiplier dropping, but it didn't do it, closely followed by 97,000 without a multiplier, but both achieved by using the few elite moves possible.

In fact, since 6pm when it changed over, I can't recall a single multiplier dropping, it's the usual thing, each move creating the next, the bulk of which are on the top few lines. I tried to post the video to prove the point, but it won't have it.

Said it countless times on here, but once I hit level 100 (achieved because the kids used it a fair bit before I created their own account) the game went to the dogs, it's all top line stuff, multipliers are as rare as rocking horse droppings, and if they do appear, you can bet your life that it'll be a colour with no matches remotely close, so speed is everything, and using the elite technique is the only way to build a decent score - There is a secret to help the quest to reach the elite though, the key word is speed - So look at your settings for a headstart!

Anyhow, to the touch screen versions, two fingers from each hand, and go to the tips I related to earlier in the thread - Once you've made one move, go to a different bit of the screen, so as you are making the move, the next one is worked out and so on. Remember it's far easier to use the "elite" mode, so keep the fingers pumping, you'll break a million without breaking sweat as I proved to myself, sadly not on my own account though.

That all said, I'd appreciate if PopCap could look at why the game is so radically different after level 100, I can play on the children's account, and race scores up like there's no tomorrow, the difference between the two is astonishing.

Plants vs. Zombies Ambassador PopCap Stephanie's Avatar

Hmmmm... the game shouldn't be different after higher levels. I can ask the devs about that because there shouldn't be an increased difficulty in the rounds. :/

Stephanie, what is your take on Elite Technique? Do you think it's fair to use it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap Stephanie View Post
    Hmmmm... the game shouldn't be different after higher levels. I can ask the devs about that because there shouldn't be an increased difficulty in the rounds. :/
    Appreciate any answers, because it's a nightmare, and very predictable - First move is to match 4 on the bottom line, then slowly work up looking for matches until it's literally the top line only for 15 or so seconds, then a vertical match opening the next two lines, and you're stuck there until time up.

Once in a blue moon it won't follow that pattern and a great score is achieved, but it's about once or twice a week tops. I'll get some screen grabs a bit later to prove the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncpan77 View Post
    Stephanie, what is your take on Elite Technique? Do you think it's fair to use it or not?
    To be honest, I thought it was something everybody did, just that some are better than others.

Most people will have done it without realising, you know that moment when you wonder how on earth you did that! I found it by accident that very way, pulling the wrong gem, switching the correct one and got a hypercube, and just developed from there.... Just that my hands aren't quick enough to keep it up all the game.

I agree with you, Chris. Sometimes, I don't even realize that's what I am doing. I feel like my best games are when I am in the zone and just moving without thinking. When I think too much, that's when I panic and lose my stride.

Zombie Temp Worker

Do not use hypercubes until the last few seconds because you may have another hypercube later on and is beside your hypercube and you can match them and BOOOOM! (You know what happens). Also, know the elite technique. You can check out the elite technique on youtube

I agree with Lim to not use your hypercubes right away - Waiting until you have a higher multiplier on the board - or even get lucky and make the right moves to move another hypercube or a Phoenix Prism Gem next to a hypercube - can give your game a huge boost!