Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Zombie Temp Worker

Unhappy File too short/Invalid File Error Messages

Ok, I have had Plants N Zombies for a long time. My laptop crashed, then I got a new one and installed plants n Zombies again. I have played for a month or so, and tonight I opened my game and got a black screen with the error "file too short" I rebooted the computer, got the same issue. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game... same error. So, I came here... the support on the PopCap site was not helpful, and I could not find a place to e-mail or otherwise get in contact with PopCap support. I hope I can get some help. I run Windows 7 completely updated, and yes I tried to run PnZ in compatability mode, and that is when my computer informed me that I was missing the resoure.xml file.

Help!! or my brains will be eaten by zombies!

Re: File too short/missing resource.XML

Hi there,

We will be more than happy to get your game back up and running. Have you submitted a help ticket at http://support.popcap.com/pc-games ? That's the most direct way to reach us for one-on-one assistance.

Zombie Temp Worker

Question Re: File too short/missing resource.XML

Just E-mail me to help me. i have same problem. i didnt extract any pak files, didn't modify anything and my computer is made in 1995, started out with windows 95, is upgraded to windows vista. that give you any clues?
    you could reply, too.
    :0 :S ;S :/
    i also upgraded my 2 hard disks capicity to 290 billion gig and 11 gig..
    so no, i have billions of space left on 1 and lotsa megs on my 2nd, so you dont have to say capaticity too low.
    Last edited by Crazy_Dave; 01-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Re: File too short/missing resource.XML

Hi Crazy_Dave! We're happy to help with this error message. Just submit a ticket to our team in Customer Support, that way we can take a look at the issue individually.

Thanks for your patience!

Unhappy Re: File too short/missing resource.XML

Battled the Zombies and watered my garden yesterday. But this morning I'm getting a "file too short" message!? I just downloaded the game again, using the email I got last month when I bought the game. So sad. Can't play my game...

Zombie Temp Worker

The zombies ate my resources.xml

How do I get it back?
    -Crazy Dave
    I'M CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZYY!

PopCap Support

Lightbulb Re: File too short/missing resource.XML

Hey everyone!

You can find some great trouble-shooting for this issue on our Support Site. Just click on the following link and it will bring you right to the area regarding the "invalid file"/"file too short" error messages.

http://support.popcap.com/invalid-file-error#bottom
    Last edited by PopCap_Matt; 01-24-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Thumbs down Re: File too short/Invalid File Error Messages

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!! I sent a help ticket thing just TEN DAYS AGO. Followed the steps to get the game back. The potential fix for getting MY game, my progress & zen garden plants, didn't work. So I started again.
    And now I'm getting the "file too short" error again!?!?! This time I'm sad and ANGRY! Is POPCAP fixing this?! Apparently not!?!? We had a similar problem years ago with Insanaquarium where the game was lost and we had to buy it again. I'm thinking that maybe Popcap games and/or their tech support just SUCKS!
    There are too many game manufacturers to have a game with this many problems.

Re: File too short/Invalid File Error Messages

Hi Ruth,

We are investigating this issue very seriously. Unfortunately, it has never been reproduced internally, and we have yet to determine the cause as a result. Have you tried both the potential fixes that would restore your progress in the game? Again, I deeply apologize for the frustration, and we are continuing to work on this issue.

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: File too short/Invalid File Error Messages

Is there a fix for this yet?? I have had this happen three times in the ONE month I have had this game. RIDICULOUS. This game is a lemon. Too bad I like it a lot but it is very disappointing that you released broken software.