Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Zen garden not producing

Might be a dumb question, but how can I file a ticket on the support page? I only can search...?

Zombie Temp Worker

My zen garden is not working propely, no plant is "happy" and makes money, only the new ones when i feed them. I have a bunch of screens if needed. This problem apperead after this: i was putting some water on my plants with the gold waterer, while it was selected i blocked the ipad and when i unlocked it the garden was broken. It looks like in a strange "dead" status.

Zombie Temp Worker

I discovered a work-around... sort of...

If you set the date on you iphone/ipod to one day in the future, the plants will reset, and you can water/fertilize/bug spray/play music again.

However, once you set the date to be correct, they all stop being happy again. And since most people don't want the wrong date on their iphone/ipod, this isn't really a good fix.

I suspect the issue might be related to how the game fetches the date/time from iOS. Perhaps that would be a good place to start looking.

Zombie Temp Worker

I took your lead on this one and successfully reset the activity in my zen garden. Not sure what the winning combo was but this is what I did:

* Changed the date a couple of days backwards.
    * Entered the zen garden (no change in activity), and then exited the zen garden to the main menu.
    * Changed the date forward to the current date.
    * Checked the zen garden (no change again), then exited to the main menu.
    * Changed the date to 'set automatically'.
    * Opened up 'Get More Coins' but did nothing.
    * Opened up the zen garden and voila! All my plants were asking for water, music, etc and everything's back to normal again.

Now maybe I only needed to do the last two steps, but hey, I can't reproduce the bug so who knows. Go try it! I also have a sneaking suspicion that you need to wait for a period of time (eg. 60 seconds, before PvZ recognizes the date change).

Hope this is helpful for at least some of you. Good luck!
    Last edited by HoodedJumper; 05-28-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Resurrecting an old thread, but the problem, old as it is, remains. I'm running a first gen iPad, PvZ version 1.9.4 and running IOS 5.1.1. I've tried resetting my date to one day ahead and it works--as long as you don't set it back to the correct date. Once the date is set back to auto, the problem reasserts itself. Having the correct date on my device is a good thing, so... It's especially good since I play some games that view changing the date as "cheating" and will get you booted.

Also....I really resent having to use FB Connect to log into the forums to report a problem. I rarely use FB, but for those times I do, I don't like having a bunch of nonsense clogging up my wall or having to go in and tweak 432 settings so it doesn't show up. A simple registration/email confirmation system would be ever-so-much nicer.

ETA: Terrific. I tried backing up my data via synch, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It ate my game data. Nothing like starting all over again. Thanks. Really. 202K of coins, all the add-ons, most of the ZG plants and now? Nothing.
    Last edited by Bryn Kildow; 07-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Has there been a solution to this? The least the mods could do is provide an update. This thread has been open for quit some time you would think someone could give us a heads up. I know popcap is laying off some people but come on...

Zombie Temp Worker

This problem is still happening in the latest update and changing the date doesn t solde the problem for me (I ve tried a few times) My plants aren t producing anymore or requesting anything anymore.
    I have tried to change 2 of them by new plants, I ll keep you informed if this works but it Will be a lllloooonnnngggg way to restore them all.

Zombie Temp Worker

Unhappy Re: Zen garden not producing

I have the same problem. Even with new ios. One thing I noticed is that after the plants stopped producing coins, is that when I went to shop, all plants were mysteriously "sold out". I had bought a 50,000 coin mysterious sprout, but the other ones were gone as well. The problem corrected itself in over twenty-four hours later, but again the same thing happened the next day, no coins. Another thing is plants collected after worked with no problem. This problem sucks. I don't want to reset, because of all the time I spent saving coins to get the extra games. I've also invested more money to get coins.

The other thing is that I can't seem to find any support about it on the PopCap site. I looked at previous posts and a staff member posted a link, but even that doesn't work. Lame! I hope they fix this problem...

Zombie Temp Worker

hey guys! I've just solved the problem. What I did was:

* Switched off the game via spring board
    * Changed the date a couple of days backwards.
    * Entered the zen garden (no change in activity), and then exited the game.
    * Switched off the game via spring board
    * Changed the date forward to the current date

everything is working now.

Zombie Temp Worker

Is there any actual support on this? I have the same issue and none of the workarounds are working for me >:|