Zombie Temp Worker

Angry PopCap launches Vacation Quest (TM) - Australia

I've just started playing the time trial version of Vacation Quest (TM) - Australia and have found what I believe to be a flaw (and as an Australian resident - born and bred, I believe I am more than qualified to complain).

In the game, Day 4 - Victoria Market - you have American Currency displayed behind the counter of the Victorian Market shop.

If it's an "Australian" Vacation Quest then the currency should be Australian dollars and not American.

I'm disappointed with PopCap, this type of error should have been picked up in the Trial Testing phase.

Also with all the same objects to find as Vacation Quest : The Hawaiian Islands (except for the Boomerang's) it makes this latest addition to the PopCap Games directory boring, in my humble opinion.

Re: PopCap launches Vacation Quest (TM) - Australia

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game, and I've passed along your feedback. It does sound like a strange oversight if the currency was represented incorrectly--I was under the impression that both Australian dollars and American were represented by the same symbol...am I mistaken?

Certainly no offense was intended, and we're very sorry if any was received!

Zombie Temp Worker

Hi Sarah,

I've purchased Austrailian Quest and I too have Found a Flaw, been right through the game twice no problems but on the third attempt I ended on day 23 being compleated and before the "Puzzle" came up I logged out of the game, now when I log back on, it goes to the screen showing day 23 compleated with the three locations unlit and there it stays. I have been told by Pop-cap that "this is a known problem" and the only thing I can do is create another player and start all over again. If this is a "known Problem" then I don't think the game should be sold until this problem is solved. In future I will only log off at the end of a day after i've done the puzzle and hopefully this won't happen again. In the meantime I hope Pop-Cap come up with an Up-date that will resolve the problem.

Hi there,

We are so sorry you've encountered this bug. It doesn't happen for everyone or consistently...we do hope to have a real fix for it in the future, but for now, all we can say is that we're sorry for the trouble, and if you start the game over as a new user, you shouldn't have a problem. It's a very good idea, though, to complete the day's final puzzle rather than closing the game with all the locations fully complete but the puzzle waiting to be done, as the game may be having trouble redelivering you to that screen which is triggered by the completion of the location missions.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and we will continue to look into better ways to resolve this issue.

Zombie Temp Worker

PopCap launches Vacation Quest (TM) - Australia

Anyone know where the user save data is stored on Windows 7? I've looked in the game folder and in ProgramData folder and can't seem to find it. Yes I have hidden files shown.

Zombie Temp Worker

Quote Originally Posted by Moswinner View Post
    Hi Sarah,

I've purchased Austrailian Quest and I too have Found a Flaw, been right through the game twice no problems but on the third attempt I ended on day 23 being compleated and before the "Puzzle" came up I logged out of the game, now when I log back on, it goes to the screen showing day 23 compleated with the three locations unlit and there it stays. I have been told by Pop-cap that "this is a known problem" and the only thing I can do is create another player and start all over again. If this is a "known Problem" then I don't think the game should be sold until this problem is solved. In future I will only log off at the end of a day after i've done the puzzle and hopefully this won't happen again. In the meantime I hope Pop-Cap come up with an Up-date that will resolve the problem.
    I recently purchased Vacation Quest-Australia and am having that problem on level 7. I only started playing last week, got through Level 6, stopped at the puzzle, when I got back on I went to the additional adventures button and started clearing stuff out from each of the stops then tried to go back to Level 7 and it's showing both stops as being finished but the game won't progress and I find their "support" less than supportive. I've got to just fine my issue in the FAQ. What's the deal?

Zombie Temp Worker

I'm on Level 7 and the game seems to have stopped functioning at the levels. I can still play the puzzles and the extended seek and find version, just not the individual levels. What's up with that? I don't want to have to start over.