Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Zombie Temp Worker

I like to ask POPCAP how they programed the slot machine for plants vs zombies? please staff

Ok so each slot have 6 possible outcomes, sunflower, pea shooter, snow pea, sunshine, wall nut and finally diamond. to get a diamond in each slot would be 1/6 * 1/6 * 1/6 =1/216 (0.463%) thats the chance to get the 3 diamond in a roll. we can think this way too, out of 216 spins you suppose to get 3 diamonds roll one time.

so the chance of not getting it is 99.537%

Am i right?is this how you programed the game? That sucks. I wish you guys should patch it to give it better odds. and you can even do it secretly. The game does have bugs.

For example in slot machine. When a plants drops from the slot machine. click on it, before you place it, pick up the shove and put it down and you can never use the plants again. it just stuck highlighted on the screen.

Dear POPCAP, if you guys don't want lose dignity by patching up the chance thing, at least make the game so there is no bugs so we know you are trying to perfect the game.
    Last edited by Tony Shi; 04-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: 3 Diamond achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lundstedt View Post
    Plant VS is a STRATEGY GAME right ? Then why the hell , did you add a stupid Trophy/achievement based on LUCK ? . Luck is the perfect contrary of Strategy !

Please Popcap patch it on the vita and on iphone, I'm sure this would take you 1 or 2 hours

I love this game, but after 3 weeks of playing that stupid lucky spin, i just want my Platinum trophy !
    BUMP!!!! sony should ban badly planned trophys like this one.

you guys could tie dimond probablity with game completon level as well, maybe a quick calculation based on flags on endless, number of slot machine games played and number of trophys earned make it so that it would take a random number of no more than 10 games of SM if all those criteria are met. (40 flags, 2000 carrer zombie kills, all trophys except this one).
    i have the ps3 and android versions, the only reason i got this one was for the platnium trophy and i'm being cheated.

bottom line, the hardest trophy should be 40 flags on endless, not this mess.

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Lucky Spin Trophy - PS Vita

I hate this trophy. I've spent hours trying to get this thing. I rarely even get 2 diamonds, let alone t3 of the things. I get 3 suns all the darn time...

Please patch this to be more frequent, or at least raise the chances of getting 3 diamonds the more sun you have or something. So it's not completely random and full of bs.

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Lucky Spin Trophy - PS Vita

Agree! This trophy has completely destroyed any enjoyment I once had for this game.

Zombie Temp Worker

Ditto to everything above. This trophy is infuriating. I want 100% so I'll keep doing it but once I do, I'm never looking at this game again.

Zombie Temp Worker

This thread needs a bump.

I've bought PvZ 3 times, on iOS, PSN, and now Vita, and by far I feel infuriatingly cheated by this purchase because there is nothing I can do except sink more time into the game. Astronomically low is an understatement based on what I've seen every time I get frustrated and google the trophy. As far as I am concerned anyone who has managed to get this trophy should play the real lottery.

If RPG stats were real my luck would be at -2. My entire life I've had terrible luck with everything, and I honestly feel like I will never get this trophy.

I've put a good 20 hours into this single trophy, and the worst part of the entire thing is my girlfriend got it on her second try. I have been playing this off and on for WEEKS to no avail. Please, Pop Cap, we know you're aware of the problem, it can't be that hard of a thing to fix.

Even if you have to simply set it for spin #X is guaranteed, as with many other members of this thread, I have lost absolutely all enjoyment and feel like I've been robbed of my time.

A luck based trophy like this shouldn't even exist, trophies/achievements are things you earn through your own skill and efforts, not mindlessly tapping away until the god of slot machines gives you your trophy.

Consider me a dissatisfied customer.

Edit: it should also be worth mentioning that it doesn't speak well of your game when people are spending dozens of hours intentionally losing.

I also disagree with one of the above posts, there is no dignity to save in NOT patching an obviously broken part of your game. It would be forgivable if there wasn't a platinum trophy being denied to people because they're just not lucky enough.
    Last edited by Kibs; 06-12-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Please, fix this trophy, it is impossibile to obtain.
    Last edited by Salvatore Hotz; 10-02-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Zombie Temp Worker

O = Wall-nut
    X = Sun
    P = Peashooter
    S = Snow Pea
    D = Diamond
    I = Sunflower

1) I O X
    2) O X D
    3) P D I
    4) S X X
    5) O P I
    6) X S S
    7) O X S
    8) P P X
    9) P S I
    10) O X P
    11) P P D
    12) P S O
    13) I S X

O = 6
    X = 9
    P = 9
    S = 7
    D = 3
    I = 5

Now, 13 attempts * 3 slots/attempts = 39 slots
    6O + 9X + 9P + 7S + 3D + 5I = 39 slots

So, tha chance to obtain a single-slot daimond is not 1:6 but 3:39 (0,07), statistically on 13 attempts you have a chance of (0,000343) to obtain the three daimonds.

While, on 100 attempts the chance is (100/13)*(0,000343) = (0,002%)

PLEASE PATCH IT!