Zombie Temp Worker

very dissapointed

My wife and I have played pop cap games, for years now and we own a few of them. the one I'm dissapointed is Bejeweled blitz, I paid 20 dollars for the game but thats not my gripe. My problem is the full screen paid for game has none of the bells and whistles that my facebook version has, or my Ipod version which was free? Why is this?

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: very dissapointed

The full screen version was made first, then the other versions... as they created the newer games (coding them from scratch) new features were able to be added to the game dynamic that were not in the orginal.
    It would be lovely if the older games were updated to include all the bells and whistles of the newer games but i don't think that will be happening any time soon.

Hi Loura,

I'm sorry to say that the full download version has been discontinued, so there are no plans to release any further updates to it. You can find more details here: http://support.popcap.com/where-is-bejeweled-blitz-pc

Sorry for any disappointment, but we hope you continue to enjoy the free online version and the free iOS app!

Zombie Temp Worker

thank you for answering my question , but the fact remains I have a paid for full screen version that's pointless to play. It does post to facebook but, all in all I think my ipod touch version is better then the facebook version which is so small even on my high end computer. thanks for you time.

Is it too late to get a refund on the product that is obviously inferior to the facebook version?

I'd think not, since the last time I inquired about it, I wasn't cursed at, but the feel of the message had the same amount of weight as if I had been.

This is just ridiculous, if the product is no longer supported, they're just suckering people for money by still selling it.

The question though, is how to rectify the situation, do we need to form a petition for EA to make an update to the stand alone product, or where do we go from here.

Because, I'll be honest, only twenty dollars or not, I'm personally refusing, and suggesting to everyone I know to do the same, to not spend any money with a company that has such pitfalls in it.

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry you felt that you were responded to in any negative manner. We are not, in fact, still selling Bejeweled Blitz for PC. It was removed from the site as a purchasable product before we announced that it was discontinued. If you visit the page I referred to above, http://support.popcap.com/where-is-bejeweled-blitz-pc, you will see that we state clearly that if you purchased the game from us, you can request an exchange. It is, however, far too late to refund a purchase, as we are not able to refund transactions more than 90 days after the fact.

There will be no further updates to the standalone product for PC. We encourage you to contact our Support team to request a different game in exchange, and we apologize for the disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap_Dana View Post
    Hi Charles,

I'm sorry you felt that you were responded to in any negative manner. We are not, in fact, still selling Bejeweled Blitz for PC. It was removed from the site as a purchasable product before we announced that it was discontinued. If you visit the page I referred to above, http://support.popcap.com/where-is-bejeweled-blitz-pc, you will see that we state clearly that if you purchased the game from us, you can request an exchange. It is, however, far too late to refund a purchase, as we are not able to refund transactions more than 90 days after the fact.

There will be no further updates to the standalone product for PC. We encourage you to contact our Support team to request a different game in exchange, and we apologize for the disappointment.
    That's the first time I've received anything that looked like a reasonable, and actually helpful response to the situation. I'd honestly just given up, but I'll give the 'swap option' a shot and try contacting support, always wanted to give a couple of the other games a try.