Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coin gems

Coin gems

Can anyone tell me how you get coin gems, or do they just appear at random. I got the keystone to collect 5 coin gems in one game that I'm stuck on for a while - most games don't even have 5 coin gems appear for me to collect!

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Coin gems

thats what i also ask myself.. i always see i

Zombie Temp Worker

It's impossible, they put an unachievable goal out there. Playing the game normally will not let you have more then 4 coin gems. Annoying and dumb if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
    It's impossible, they put an unachievable goal out there. Playing the game normally will not let you have more then 4 coin gems. Annoying and dumb if you ask me.

I've done it a number of times. so it's far from impossible
    Check out my youtube channel for tens of Bejeweled Goodness! (1, 2, Twist, Blitz PC & FB and 3)
    [url] http://www.youtube.com/user/RubycoredBejeweled [/url]

Banned

I've done this once, and that was just by a stroke of luck. twice i managed two to line up next to each other and my fifth one a got with a hypercube. there is absolutely no skill involved in getting the five coin gems, and yes, most of the time, only four will fall. I've gotten four coin gems and there will still be 20+ seconds left and most of the time, if that 5th one does not fall, it will fall in the final second. So, yeah, it can be a bit frustrating, which is why I just ignore it and do the easy and medium keystones and if I manage to get the 5 coin gems in a single game, again, then wow, yay me. so, that's my advice. don't even attempt to go after it, just play the game, concentrate on the other 2 keystones, and if it happens it happens. simple as that.

Jewel Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rubycored View Post
    I've done it a number of times. so it's far from impossible
    I'll like to see that!

Funny, some gems defined as "Rare", like "Total eclipses are rare events", there are about 6-8 in ten games.
    Coin gems are defined as this "Every so often a yellow gem with a coin icon appears" There are 2-4(5) in 20-50 yellow gems falling. (http://www.popcap.com/faq/bejeweledblitz/1033/pc/readme.html)

They don't know English at PopCap do they! (Like me I don't speak English either).

Jens, don't worry about your Englsih - It's better than most!

5 Coins in a game is not impossible, but it is very difficult. I've managed it a couple of times, but just by pure luck and nothing else. It's just seems very rare to see 5 coins in a game, never mind collect them

Lexographer

To be blunt, the "coin gems" quests are a pain! I don't know how the people saying they get five in a game a lot are doing it, other than pure luck, but that is the one quest I can never manage to accomplish! It's hard enough getting four in a game, I have never managed five.

The people saying that they almost never see five coin gems even appear in a game are absolutely correct. Here's a little bit more on that which people might not realize ... I don't think any coin gems appear within the last 5-10 seconds of the game, no matter what. If they do, I have never spotted them. What I CAN tell you, though, is that if you have a coin gem on the screen at the end of the game, it will absolutely not count towards your goal even if it is destroyed by the "Last Hurrah". I actually paused my game a couple of times, just at the final one second mark, and looked to see where the coin gems I had not been able to "get" yet were. I took note of the explosive gems, including a hypercube in one case, and then let the game finish out. Twice I watched as exploding gems and hypercubes actually "got" the coin gems, however they did NOT add to my goal total. I was at the four coin gems mark, it would have put me over but they were not counted. If you pay attention on the other goals, things being completed during the LH actually do still count (creating flame gems, destroying X number of gems, etc). The LH will actually complete the goal a lot of the time, but not with coin gems!

Sorry, but I think it is ridiculous to put up goals that we have no control over reaching, and even worse when the goal is basically impossible most of the time. Isn't the idea of a goal to be something we can work to achieve? These do not recognize work in any way so what's the point?

Worse yet is the fact that the coin gem goals are starting to be a constant thing. Right now on my screen I have ALL coin gem goals. "Collect 14 coin gems," "Collect 4 coin gems in one game," and "Collect five coin gems in one game." I don't even want to play ... I may do nothing except come by for the Daily spin for the next two days so these all expire, but I'll probably get hem back again anyway!

I can't get them without buying boosts. Generally I need a detonator and an extra 5 seconds. Same with the keystone to get 2 blazing speeds in one game - usually I need to buy a blazing steed for this. However, I've now decided - no more buying boosts to gain keystones - the value of the boost is generally more than the keystone awards so whats the point? I'll just ignore the Keystone until it goes away!

Question coin Gems

What is the best way to get them? I have failed 2 missions because i have been asked to find 6 in one game but i never seem to have that many