Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blitz Party!!!

Jewel Knight

Re: Blitz Party!!!

Is Blitz Party available for everyone yet? I've had it for several days and sent invites to all my friends that play Bejeweled on a regular basis. Only one has finished our game and sent me a new one back. Now my Hard Key Stone is play 6 Blitz Party games to earn 9000 coins. This Key Stone is impossible unless my friends are able to play Blitz Party too and send me requests or I buy more of the Blitz Party Coins. Considering I can buy 110,000 coins for less than 12 Party coins, it's definitely not worth buying in order to win 9000. While I think this Key Stone may be fun in the future if my friends choose to Party, it's going to just sit for 3 days this time.

Blitz Party is available for all players at this point! (Only exception is brand new players--just like Key Stones, Blitz Party will unlock as they level up.)

If you have friends who aren't playing their Party rounds, click on those sent requests in your Blitz Party games list, and you have the option to post to their wall and remind them to play!

Zombie Temp Worker

Why is it that some Keystone rewards on the regular game is linked to the Blitz Party? What if you don't care to play the game with anyone else? Seems to me the rewards should be separated. What does anyone else think?

Jewel Knight

totally agree. i choose what games i play, not some stranger who has no right to force me to play. not happy about this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Hotger View Post
    Why is it that some Keystone rewards on the regular game is linked to the Blitz Party? What if you don't care to play the game with anyone else? Seems to me the rewards should be separated. What does anyone else think?

Lexographer

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Hotger View Post
    I agree. I don't intend to play Partyand I am totally po'd that the Keystone involves the Party Game that I am not playing so it's going to sit there until it expires. Oh well. There goes any incentive to play until it poofs. It should be separate.

Zombie Temp Worker

Dumbest Fing game ever!

I think there will be people at Popcap having meetings discussing why Blitz Party has failed (based on so may grievances I've seen on here!

The one thing I keep seeing is the simple message = Keep it simple and have a great playable game which people enjoy playing, if it isn't broke don't fix it!

Lexographer

While I enjoy the party and keystone features, I think it should be separate from the game. Blitz has turned into something way too commercial, and now has difficulty running on modern machines because of the high CPU requirements thanks to Flash and all the new implements PopCap has added.

Take the game back to when it was simple, or add separate modes (Keystone, Party, Rare gems) that allow you to continue to use the advanced features that have been added.

Zombie Temp Worker Daniel Allen's Avatar

BS:
    Remember guys, PopCap isn't really PopCap anymore. The bigger and older Electronic Arts saw its popularity and bought it. So now this simple game we all know and love has a newly added split personality disorder called a "board of directors" who know nothing about people who play the game. Well, that's my guess.

I don't play BB as seriously as my FB friends. I once went several months without playing. One day, I downloaded the app to my iPhone, opened it up and found a slot machine, levels and tokens. I played a few games. Recently, I clicked a FB request to play, and found Keystones and Blitz Party. I find these extras weird. It's like these companies are trying to compel adults to play games for long periods of time (the way children play their DSs) as if to distract us from what's going on in the real world or just get work done.

POINT:
    I noticed the setting for renewing boosts. Why not add a Preferences section where we can OPT IN/OPT OUT of one, some or all of these extras? They all pop up before we get to the actual game which, I'm sure is frustrating for people on slow-running PCs. A Preferences section will allow players to bypass all of that and go directly to the game.

ANOTHER IDEA:
    It's ludicrous to purchase one more chance at a higher score in Blitz Party after ONLY ONE game. Everyone knows BB is highly addictive. Since unplayed games do not carry over, why not start players off with one or two additional attempts (logging the highest score) before making a purchase? I'm sure a serious player (or one with money to burn) who knows they can do better wouldn't mind purchasing another go.

YET ANOTHER ONE:
    Since it is possible for the first player to send a reminder of a BP game, would it be possible for the second player to click a response?

for example:
    (play now) - takes player directly to application
    (busy now, but will play) - option to receive another reminder or extend the deadline and notifies first player
    (can't play) - prompting first player to choose another player

Zombie Temp Worker

Add me