Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Zombie Temp Worker

Android

Does Bookworm exist for the android?

PopCap Support

Re: Android

Bookworm is not available for Android devices at this time. I will forward your request along to our developers and perhaps we will see Bookworm on the Android platform in the future.

Currently we offer Peggle, Chuzzle, and Plants vs. Zombies for Android devices - you should be able to locate these in the Marketplace or Amazon App Store (dependent on your geographical location - some games may not be available in all Geographical Regions).

Thanks for enjoying our games!

Question Bookworm for Android.

I apologize in advance if I come across rude in this post, it is not my intention. In all truth, I love PopCap games, and I have just about every PopCap game available installed on my PC, including the ones from Real Arcade. However, I am very disappointed that the games I enjoyed most are not available for Android, as they are on other mobile platforms.

Why hasn't Bookworm been ported over already? The fact that it is available on other platforms, except for this one is a slap in the face, and it appears as though PopCap is going out of their way to exclude Android users. I would love to see this game available for Android, not just for the Nook, Kindle but all of them, and it is ridiculous that of the measly 4 titles available to Android users, compared to the 8 currently on iOS, that PopCap has opted not to port over Bookworm as well.

I mean, that would be like Rovio, opting not to port over Angry Birds. It is bad enough that we have a watered down version of Bejeweled 2, that has been stripped of the hidden modes (Cognito, Finity, Twilight and Hyper) as well as the Puzzle mode itself (I used to play this game religiously when I had my HTC Hermes running Windows Mobile 6 and I play this game, as well as Zuma and Astropop on my 360.) which is beyond ridiculous but now we don't have Bookworm either.

Speaking of which, why are there only 4 games available for Android? It is 2012, not 2009, there are more than 1 million daily Android activations and 400 million Android devices now, compared to the 30,000 daily activations and 7.7 million devices there were 3 years ago. There shouldn't be a discrepency between both platforms, it isn't fair, and it implies bias and since there are more Android users compared to others, that would mean that PopCap could be missing out adding even more users to their games. It doesn't matter if people prefer Android or iOS, or vice versa, what matters is that PopCap should be bringing its quality games to all. Bookworm could be enjoyed by as many as, if not, more than those currently doing so on iOS and other platforms.

I am aware that there is an alternative in the Play Store, of a similar title, and I have played that, and it doesn't hold a candle to Bookworm. It stinks, and in every way imaginable. So I am asking you to please, please port over the iOS version of Bookworm (exactly as it is on iOS, and not some watered down crap like Bejeweled 2 (iOS/Android) is compared to the version I played on Windows Mobile) to Android. I am positive that there are many people out there who would really appreciate this.

And if any PopCap staff (human as opposed to a vB bot script) reply to this topic, please spare me the mention of the 4 titles you offer for this platform. I am very well aware that Bejeweled 2, Chuzzle, Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies are available for Android, and if I were interested in them, then I would have said so. I don't care about a time line for the Bookworm port, I just want to know if there is one in the works.

Once again, I apologize if I came across as rude in this post, it wasn't my intention, I would really love to see Bookworm (as well as Zuma and Astropop) come to Android. I am tired of playing the imitations and I am ready for the real thing now.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Zombie Temp Worker

Unhappy Book Worm For Android's

I have a tablet and would like to have 'Book Worm' for it would also like, 'Bejeweled 3' w/spider...I played it on my sister's 'I-Phone' which I'll never be able to afford unless I win the lottery...

This is my dilemma I hope there's something you can do for me...
    http://forums.popcap.com/images/icons/icon9.png

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Bookworm for Android.

I would be happy to pay for a version of bookworm for android. My wife and I have played it on ios for years, but have mostly switched to android, and having a version of bookworm available on android would be great.

Zombie Temp Worker

Cool Re: Android

I would like to see BookWorm on Android also.
    I'll gladly pay for such a wonderful word game !!!!!

Please, bring the Worm on Android

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Bookworm for Android.

Ditto EXACTLY on what this person said. I bothered to register for an account on your forums just to agree with this post. I am very surprised and disappointed that Bookworm still isn't available on the huge and ever growing Android market. Come on! Get on with your Android development please and bring us the Bookworm we love. I'm practically begging you to take my money, because I'd buy an ad-free full version of Bookworm as soon as it was available. Can you at least let us know when it's in development, because I just can't believe you're never going to port it to Android.

-A fan

Quote Originally Posted by AngelNYC View Post
    I apologize in advance if I come across rude in this post, it is not my intention. In all truth, I love PopCap games, and I have just about every PopCap game available installed on my PC, including the ones from Real Arcade. However, I am very disappointed that the games I enjoyed most are not available for Android, as they are on other mobile platforms.

Why hasn't Bookworm been ported over already? The fact that it is available on other platforms, except for this one is a slap in the face, and it appears as though PopCap is going out of their way to exclude Android users. I would love to see this game available for Android, not just for the Nook, Kindle but all of them, and it is ridiculous that of the measly 4 titles available to Android users, compared to the 8 currently on iOS, that PopCap has opted not to port over Bookworm as well.

I mean, that would be like Rovio, opting not to port over Angry Birds. It is bad enough that we have a watered down version of Bejeweled 2, that has been stripped of the hidden modes (Cognito, Finity, Twilight and Hyper) as well as the Puzzle mode itself (I used to play this game religiously when I had my HTC Hermes running Windows Mobile 6 and I play this game, as well as Zuma and Astropop on my 360.) which is beyond ridiculous but now we don't have Bookworm either.

Speaking of which, why are there only 4 games available for Android? It is 2012, not 2009, there are more than 1 million daily Android activations and 400 million Android devices now, compared to the 30,000 daily activations and 7.7 million devices there were 3 years ago. There shouldn't be a discrepency between both platforms, it isn't fair, and it implies bias and since there are more Android users compared to others, that would mean that PopCap could be missing out adding even more users to their games. It doesn't matter if people prefer Android or iOS, or vice versa, what matters is that PopCap should be bringing its quality games to all. Bookworm could be enjoyed by as many as, if not, more than those currently doing so on iOS and other platforms.

I am aware that there is an alternative in the Play Store, of a similar title, and I have played that, and it doesn't hold a candle to Bookworm. It stinks, and in every way imaginable. So I am asking you to please, please port over the iOS version of Bookworm (exactly as it is on iOS, and not some watered down crap like Bejeweled 2 (iOS/Android) is compared to the version I played on Windows Mobile) to Android. I am positive that there are many people out there who would really appreciate this.

And if any PopCap staff (human as opposed to a vB bot script) reply to this topic, please spare me the mention of the 4 titles you offer for this platform. I am very well aware that Bejeweled 2, Chuzzle, Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies are available for Android, and if I were interested in them, then I would have said so. I don't care about a time line for the Bookworm port, I just want to know if there is one in the works.

Once again, I apologize if I came across as rude in this post, it wasn't my intention, I would really love to see Bookworm (as well as Zuma and Astropop) come to Android. I am tired of playing the imitations and I am ready for the real thing now.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Zombie Temp Worker

I feel this way too! I'm always checking the Pop Cap website hoping to find an anouncement that Bookworm is coming to Android devices!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Lanthier View Post
    I would like to see BookWorm on Android also.
    I'll gladly pay for such a wonderful word game !!!!!

Please, bring the Worm on Android

Zombie Temp Worker

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Woods View Post
    I feel this way too! I'm always checking the Pop Cap website hoping to find an anouncement that Bookworm is coming to Android devices!
    PLEASE make Bookworm for Android. Bookworm is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE game, and I simply don't understand why it's not available on Android. I've tried alternatives and they all stink compared to the WORM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Guys, more than 50% of mobile users are using Android. Why won't you p Bookworm in it? is it too hard to do?