Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Zombie Temp Worker

does icloud save syncing work yet?

I have several hours of playtime on my ipod touch. I would like to transfer my progress over to my ipad and keep them synced.

It mentions here that this is a feature in pvz2: http://support.popcap.com/pvz2

I followed the instructions to enable icloud on both devices but my ipad will not sync saves from the cloud. I check in the settings menu of my ipod and there is pvz2 data backed up to the cloud.

All I can do on the ipad is begin a new game...

I have also tried backing up ipod to itunes and restoring through ipad but this does work either.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Huxley; 07-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: does icloud save syncing work yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    I have several hours of playtime on my ipod touch. I would like to transfer my progress over to my ipad and keep them synced.
    Any news on this?

I started a game on my iPhone and would like to continue on the iPad due to the larger screen. However, as Huxley wrote above, there is no option to sync profiles in contrast to what is written in the support area.

Zombie Temp Worker

When I found it not working I tapped on the user profile on the front screen and it took me into a list that showed the profile I created on the iPad - and then the other one that had synced across from my iPhone. I deleted the iPad one and then selected the iPhone one and it's all working now.

Zombie Temp Worker

Quote Originally Posted by DanCJ View Post
    When I found it not working I tapped on the user profile on the front screen and it took me into a list that showed the profile I created on the iPad - and then the other one that had synced across from my iPhone. I deleted the iPad one and then selected the iPhone one and it's all working now.
    I created a profile on my iPhone, connected it to facebook, but it's not shown on my iPad. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Zombie Temp Worker

I am in the same boat. I played a lot on my ipad, verified that the icloud options are checked and did a manual backup. Installed PvZ2 on my phone and no sync. I am no programmer however this type of functionality has been a part of several apps before PvZ or at least added at a later time. Cant we all just get along and make it work? hehe. If Candy Crush can do it easily through facebook why cant PvZ? Also I think this is a high priority considering it is a feature that is advertised and isnt working. Please help!

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear your game is not syncing between your devices. Please try the steps below that have been reported as a solution for this issue:

- On both devices, launch Settings, then select iCloud
    - Tap "Documents & Data" and turn this option OFF.
    - Confirm by tapping "Turn Off Documents."
    - Power off both devices by holding the power button until "Slide to power off" appears and then sliding that bar.
    - Turn your devices back on.
    - Open Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data again and turn the option back ON for both devices.

Finally, launch Plants vs. Zombies 2 and allow the game to sit on the main menu screen for a couple of minutes. This should prompt the game to sync.

We hope this helps!

Zombie Temp Worker

This worked and indeed did take a couple if minutes. Thank you very much now I can enjoy the addiction anywhere!

Zombie Temp Worker

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap_Dana View Post
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear your game is not syncing between your devices. Please try the steps below that have been reported as a solution for this issue:

- Power off both devices by holding the power button until "Slide to power off" appears and then sliding that bar.
    - Open Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data again and turn the option back ON for both devices.

Finally, launch Plants vs. Zombies 2 and allow the game to sit on the main menu screen for a couple of minutes. This should prompt the game to sync.

We hope this helps!
    Hi!
    I've tried this and it does not work for me. My iphone (where i've played the game) is on ios 7 beta however and my ipad is only on ios 6. Do both devices have to be on the same ios version?

Sincerely
    Zucram

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap_Dana View Post
    Hi there,

We hope this helps!
    I'm encountering the same issues as reported in this thread.

iPhone on 6.0.1. iPad on 6.1.2.

I followed your instructions, however, I'd like clarification on "This should prompt the game to sync." Will I see a pop-up notification asking me to sync? Or is this completely done in the background without any sort of notification? I've let both my devices stay on the main screen for well over ten minutes with no results.

Perhaps there is an issue with devices on different versions of iOS?

Zombie Temp Worker

I'm using iOS 6.1.4 on my iPhone and iOS 6.1.3 on my IPad and I've followed your instructions and it doesn't work. Can you clarify again how this works?

I have profile named "A" on both my iPad and iPhone. Should I delete a profile on one of the devices? Or should I just leave both profiles and it should sync? I've followed the instructions exactly as posted on this thread to turn off then on for iCloud document sync and rebooting both devices without it working.

I really want to be able to pick up and play exactly where I left off on both my devices. PLEASE HELP,