Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Zombie Temp Worker

Lightbulb Phoenix prisms????

Okaye- been playing a couple of months, and forgive me for sounding dense, however I don't think I truly understand how the phoenix prisms work!!!! In that, I am sure that I am not using them to full advantage. I thought at first that you could only detonate them in a Match of gems of at least 3 ie as per usual..... it seems this is not the case though??????? Any help would be much appreciated, as I feel I am wasting all my hard earned points!

Zombie Temp Worker

Re: Phoenix prisms????

when you get the prism's also get ( the five second longer, detonator, and the x2 ) it helps me. I started playing a couple of months ago also and I tried a few different ways. My highest score so far 716,000 and some.

Re: Phoenix prisms????

The prism gem on your board can be any colour, so match it with any other two like colours, and it'll fire. (In other words, it doesn't have a colour, it just makes a link of 3, 4 or 5 as normal)

I try and not match them too early, more wait until you've detonated some multipliers, and make better use of the extra points with the higher multiplication rate.

Also, anything left over at the end also fires off as the "last hurrah" so well worth holding back as long as possible to maximise the score.

Hot Frog

Phoenix gem - exactly how do you use it?

..and what does it do?

Having read people raving about these things in the forums I finally built up enough coins to buy one of them. While it looks very pretty and does a few unexplained whizzy things it didn't do a lot for my score - I had hoped to get more than 160k having forked out 70k coins. Is there a secret to using it? Just what is its function?

Re: Phoenix gem - exactly how do you use it?

Hi JDL!

The prisms are Wild Card gems, able to be swapped with any adjacent pair of matched gems to create an intense chain reaction, each prism causing a diagonal line of gems to explode.

The Phoenix Prism comes in batches of six gems, but only one gem can shine at any given moment! Once you match your first prism, you will see the next light up within moments. Match it quickly to bring out the third! If you don

Hot Frog

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap_Adam View Post
    Hi JDL!

The prisms are Wild Card gems, able to be swapped with any adjacent pair of matched gems to create an intense chain reaction, each prism causing a diagonal line of gems to explode.

The Phoenix Prism comes in batches of six gems, but only one gem can shine at any given moment! Once you match your first prism, you will see the next light up within moments. Match it quickly to bring out the third! If you don
    Thank you. But I confess I don't understand: how can I swap it with a pair of gems? Does this involve ET or something? I can only swap anything with one gem.

I must admit that I believe that the Phoenix Prism is for experienced players only. A lot goes on when you use one, and quite quickly too, so you must naturally be fast in order to get full satisfaction out of the gem.

How to match the Phoenix gems is confusing to explain. I can score >750k nearly every time with the Phoenix Prism and even I get confused when matching up the phoenix gems; for me they tend to match themselves. haha

Basically, if a phoenix gem is swapped, if there is ANY color gem that, when substituted for the phoenix gem, creates a match, it will match. That's the best I can explain it haha.
    -1 Million on Bejeweled Blitz-
    -2 Million on Bejeweled Twist Blitz-
    -I Am A Proud Bejeweled Addict-

Plants vs. Zombies Ambassador PopCap Stephanie's Avatar

To even further explain, say you have 2 red gems and a Phoenix Gem within swapping range (either above, below or next to the 2 red gems) Swap the Phoenix Gem to it make a "3 match" with the 2 red gems! Then, after the match is made, it will cause the diagonal gem explosion PopCap Adam explained.

So in essence, the Phoenix Gem is sort of like a wild card gem, it can be any color and used to make a normal 3 of a like color match, but it also does the explosion diagonally!

Does that make a bit more sense?

Hot Frog

Quote Originally Posted by PopCap Stephanie View Post
    To even further explain, say you have 2 red gems and a Phoenix Gem within swapping range (either above, below or next to the 2 red gems) Swap the Phoenix Gem to it make a "3 match" with the 2 red gems! Then, after the match is made, it will cause the diagonal gem explosion PopCap Adam explained.

So in essence, the Phoenix Gem is sort of like a wild card gem, it can be any color and used to make a normal 3 of a like color match, but it also does the explosion diagonally!

Does that make a bit more sense?
    Yes. If it's a wildcard that will match to two other of the same colour then that's a simple use of it. Thank you Stephanie. It was the "swap with two others" that confused me.

Now I only have to build up my supply of coins (a slow process!) to try it out again.

Hot Frog

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    Yes. If it's a wildcard that will match to two other of the same colour then that's a simple use of it. Thank you Stephanie. It was the "swap with two others" that confused me.

Now I only have to build up my supply of coins (a slow process!) to try it out again.
    Huh! 124k points - that's a considerable waste of 70k coins