Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bejeweled 4??

Question Bejeweled 4??

i'm liking the bejeweled's already in existence but i already getting bored
    is PopCap working towards making another? I have owned or at least played once or twice all titles.
    i'm not sure if its in dev yet put i'd like to know.

Re: Bejeweled 4??

It would be great if they will. I have been playing bejeweled since the days before Bejeweled 2 came out and I was getting kinda impatient on the 6 years wait before Bej3 came out :P

I once written on my CV (among other things) when i applied for Popcap Jobs that i have some ideas that popcap could conisder including for Bej4, but unfortunately i didn't make it...
    Check out my youtube channel for tens of Bejeweled Goodness! (1, 2, Twist, Blitz PC & FB and 3)
    [url] http://www.youtube.com/user/RubycoredBejeweled [/url]

They gotta make PvZ 2 first.

Zombie Temp Worker

The next Bejeweled? My guess is Twist 2. Or what I would like to call it, 2wist. Get it?!?!?

Twist's Classic Mode is the reason why Twist is my #1 Popcap game. I was hoping to see the same thing in Bejeweled 3 but alas I didn't. (I'm not a big fan of the mainstream classic mode, as I dislike losing randomly to the dreaded "No More Moves!" message.) The bombs sorta made their way into Quest but they're not a huge part of it.

If there was a Twist 2, I would greatly look forward to what elements they would add to Twist's Classic mode, such as the time-based bombs from Quest in Bejeweled 3.

As for Bejeweled 4 in the mainstream series, it's way too early for that in my opinion. Bejeweled 3 added a lot of new features; I consider it revolutionary compared to Bejeweled 2.
    -1 Million on Bejeweled Blitz-
    -2 Million on Bejeweled Twist Blitz-
    -I Am A Proud Bejeweled Addict-

I'm actually against time-based bombs even in twist since there's a much larger emphasis on strategy and planning your moves in Twist than every other bejeweled game, adding a time-pressure to it would just destroy it.

If it's me, i'd really like to see the lost "Ice Gems" being reintroduced (or considered) for 2wist.

Not to mention the fact that the "Eclipse" mode in Twist is also revolutionary compared to the mainstream series, and i am kind of sad to see it not included in Bej3 Quest.
    Check out my youtube channel for tens of Bejeweled Goodness! (1, 2, Twist, Blitz PC & FB and 3)
    [url] http://www.youtube.com/user/RubycoredBejeweled [/url]

personally i like all the other modes in bejeweled 3 i'm a bit of a miner myself. or a Zeus
    (lightning mode). i wasn't really into the twist games. for whatever reason twist reminded me of
    chuzzle im not sure which came 1st but i played chuzzle before i played twist.

and yes 8080 thats a good name for it; if i were for a 2wist.

For me, I hope it doesn't come out too soon... I'm still trying to be somewhat decent at Bejeweled in general. Everyone else at PopCap kills me weekly!

Zombie Temp Worker

Cool Re: Bejeweled 4??

A fourth Bejeweled title could work. However, there were a lot of elements from Bejeweled Twist and Bejeweled Blitz which were omitted from Bejeweled 3. The most obvious ones where the Facebook connectivity from Blitz and the clockwise swapping mechanism from Twist. While the bomb gems did make a cameo in Bejeweled 3, their role was very small from the outset. Bejeweled 2 was pretty much an extension of Bejeweled 1's functionality.

It would also appear as thought each Bejeweled title is set in a different time. Bejeweled 1, 2 and Twist seem to be set in space in the distant future whereas Bejeweled 3 and Blitz are set in a pseudo medieval period albeit with floating islands in the background classical style soundtrack. With this in mind, the next Bejeweled title could be one in which a time travel element is incorporated. This would enable the integration of all Bejeweled titles to date. Perhaps, the title could be Bejeweled Trilogy or Chronology.

For example, you could have Bejeweled 1 set in a pseudo 80's environment based on the primitive synthesized music. Bejeweled 2 could be set in the 2200's with the more contemporary soundtrack. Finally, Bejeweled Twist would be set in the 3000's with an end of the world element accompanying the panic versions of the main music. Lastly, Bejeweled Blitz and 3 would be set in the aforementioned pseudo medieval period to go with the classic style of the music.

Throughout the game, you could unlock certain time holes as you progress or earn higher rankings. The game could also allow the player to choose the method of gem swap with either twisting to make a match or swapping adjacent gems. This would be incorporated into every time zone. The "No more moves" message would accompany the adjacent swap match while the bomb gems would accompany the twisted swap match. Furthermore, a touch up would be given to the original Bejeweled environment. Perhaps, a Tron type theme to go with the 80's style music.

I could go on!!!!

Lightbulb Re: Bejeweled 4??

Bejeweled 4 main objective should be different from the four other Bejeweled games. Five rather. One thing I expect in Bejeweled 4 are new game modes, of course what would we expect? But if it's the same motive as the Bejeweled 3, 40 quests, collect badges, BOOM!, you're done. Bejeweled 3 had the backgrounds, the games, the power-ups but one thing for me is missing, the excitement. I've found the excitement in Bejeweled Twist. Those bomb gems will challenge your senses alright. The Quest mode had it but as an experienced Bejeweler, I finished Quest in 2 days!

huddledDuke1985 captured what we want in his statement, a story. Bookworm Deluxe didn't survive that long but when Bookworm Adventures was introduced, it revved up gamers to do it because there is a worthy objective to finish. The badges and the very long necklace in Zen mode of Bejeweled 3 are okay but the excitement has been long gone.

I even considered that sometimes you don't need to warp to the next level, frankly, there is too much drama. The gems could just smash the board and with the force of the thing glowing in the meter, arc up to the gems and give them power to fly through mountains, swim rivers, fly beyond the sky, etc.

There are some modes that I thought of as well. Space (the inverse of Butterflies. comets from the top going down.). Clockwork (a quest-lightning mode). Darkness (self-explanatory). Switcheroo. and 15 others. There should also be a feature where in some levels twisting occurs and the others swapping.

In short, if Bejeweled 4 would be an adventure based game that has a fictional, fantasy plot and has over 15+ different modes, that once finished it would unlock the rest of the modes played on adventure, then count me in!

@huddledDuke1985 that's some ideas you got there. I love it.
    @Jomarixa8080 Love the idea of Bejeweled 2wist.